Kayak the LA River? Yes, you can do this. With conservation efforts underway, there is a beautiful section of the river, in the very heart of LA that is full of wildlife and small rapids, which you can navigate by kayak. Join a kayak tour led by expert guides to experience and be one of the very few to kayak the Elysian Valley!
|Location||Oso Park, Riverside Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90031|
|Group Size||14 maximum|
|Cancellation||No refunds, sales are final.|
|Limitations||Must be under 210 lbs and over 10 years old.|
You will learn how to kayak with skilled and knowledgeable guides that will lead you on an adventure that includes bikes, kayaks, and information about the LA River. The total trip is 2.5 miles and takes about 3 hours.
This trip is full of excitement and adventure and is fairly strenuous. Consider your fitness level for this trip, as you will be riding a bike, assisting with moving boats in and out of the water, and occasionally getting out of the boat to move it. You will get wet!
- Meet at Oso Park and receive a river cruiser bike and a map.
- Bike 2.5 miles on the LA River bike path to the kayak start point (just South of the Fletcher Drive Bridge, you will see our red kayaks)
- At the start point, meet your guides, receive equipment and instruction
- With your guides, move kayaks to the water and enter the river
- Kayak for 2.5 miles until you reach the exit point and help the guide take the kayaks out.
- Pat yourself on the back – you did it!!
Please bring a printed copy of your email confirmation with you on the day of the activity.
- Water shoes or old tennis shoes that can get wet (Shoes must protect your feet – Flip-flops are not allowed)
- Clothing that dries easily (synthetic materials are preferable; jeans not recommended). Shorts and bathing suits, while confortable, may not offer enough protection around rocks.
- Water in a reusable bottle. Screw-on top that can be attached to the boat.
- Most importantly, bring a sense of adventure and a good attitude!